[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle sessions and build management

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Tue Jul 31 01:35:44 CEST 2012

On 31/07/2012, at 1:52 AM, Makarius wrote:
>  * I've looked a bit further through AFP, but found only few
>    extraordinary things so far.  Compared to doc-src the conversion
>    should be relatively simple -- hopefully.
>
> Anyway, what is the purpose of ISABELLE_IMAGE_PATH in AFP?

This was a hack to make the IsaMakefile (and usedir) correctly depend on the release image instead of a developer image (needed only for editors who need to check against release versions). This was more relevant in the days where the release heap directory the same as for devel versions, but still mildly useful afterwards.

If I understand the new build system correctly, this is now irrelevant and can be ignored.

Gerwin