[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle sessions and build management

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Jul 29 22:06:11 CEST 2012

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Makarius wrote:

>> Of course, if we can make it easy enough to build custom images, then
>> there is no practical reason to have HOL-Plain or HOL-Main set up by
>> default in the distribution.
>
> I did not think of this option yet.  It might be actually simple to set
> that up locally.

Here is a one-liner for private use in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/ROOT:

   session HOL-Test! in "~~/src/HOL" = Pure + theories Nat

This works because $ISABELLE_HOME_USER is also a component.

The session layout of the main Isabelle distribution can be reconsidered
later, when we have the transition completed.  We still have IsaMakefiles
to be maintained in parallel to the new scheme.