[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle sessions and build management

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Jul 29 09:17:05 CEST 2012

> *** System ***
>
> * Advanced support for Isabelle sessions and build management, see
> "system" manual for the chapter of that name, especially the "isabelle
> build" tool and its examples.  Eventual INCOMPATIBILITY, as isabelle
> usedir / make / makeall are rendered obsolete.

Two things come to my mind:
* Now, there are the ROOT file(s) and etc/sessions.  I wonder whether
this can be unified further, e.g. having just one sessions file in . or
etc/.
* When introducing HOL-Base, HOL-Plain etc., there was hope that each
one will build on top of its predecessor.  Maybe the present build
architecture now permits this, but I guess there is still the difficulty
of sharing document output etc.

	Florian

--

PGP available: