[isabelle-dev] Standard component setup (Re: NEWS)

Jasmin Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:28:10 CET 2012

Am 08.01.2012 um 21:23 schrieb Alexander Krauss:

> Could we instead provide a little script (or Isabelle tool) that turns a tarball/zip downloaded from upstream into a packaged Isabelle component?

In the case of Yices and Vampire, the gain would be minimal: Without components, users must specify an environment variable (as specified in "sledgehammer.doc"). This is, of course, less uniform, but hardly more difficult than running some script and then registering the component with Isabelle (by editing "~/.isabelle/etc/settings" or "~/.isabelle/etc/components"). Also, hardly anybody needs Yices, and most users are happy to invoke Vampire remotely (and E, SPASS, and Z3 locally, keeping 3 cores busy already).

Jasmin