[isabelle-dev] NEWS

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 17:53:29 CET 2012

I think your point is that somebody who spent a lot of effort making their code work with a development snapshot could be wasting their time, because the next release could be as different and require everything to be converted again.

I still think there is no harm using the mailing list to advise users that sets are going to change back to their former behaviour. At the very least, we can advise users to avoid using mem_def and confine themselves to the set primitives.
Larry