[isabelle-dev] JinjaThreads in French!

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Fri Feb 17 22:55:06 CET 2012

On 18/02/2012, at 1:35 AM, Makarius wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Peter Lammich wrote:
>
>> ... at least the superscripts of TOC and chapters, in the release-branch
>> of AFP.
>> Looks like it was built on a french latex configuration.
>
> It is not there on "the" current tip, which is AFP/9235eceb731f. (It is standard practice to specify repository versions explicitly on isabelle-dev.)
>
> Looking a bit in the history ofJinjaThreads the french option is fluctuating a little back and forth, without any explanations.
>
> Here is another interesting changeset:
>
> changeset:   663:11e88e5f18d4
> user:        makarius
> date:        Tue Sep 09 18:19:23 2008 +0000
> files:       thys/Jinja/document/root.tex thys/JinjaThreads/document/root.tex
> babel: removed unnecessary "french" option, which actually enables french section names etc. on some LaTeX installations;

Yes I dimly remember something like this. It probably was re-added to use \<guillemotleft>. According to the template, \usepackage[english]{babel} should already give you that.

In any case, the document wasn't built on a machine with French configuration (wouldn't make much sense for us anyway). Instead, the latex configuration of that machine didn't have latex language packages installed for *either* French or English. After installing both, the document builds as expected and should now be fixed on the web site.

If anyone spots another such case, please let me know.

Cheers,
Gerwin