[isabelle-dev] Announcement: The Isabelle Community Wiki

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Feb 15 17:18:17 CET 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Johannes Hölzl wrote:

> The pages faq.html, community.html and projects.html are moved to the
> wiki.

The community.html used to have the important information about the
Isabelle mailing lists.  Since users of wikis and mailing lists are often
disjoint, having that now on the wiki is apt to loose many people looking
for these important list addresses.

We should probably also explain more explicitly the purpose of
isabelle-users vs. isabelle-dev.  Especially prevent the misconception
that "users = Isabelle/Isar" and "dev = Isabelle/ML", which was never
intended that way as far as I am concerned.  It is more like "users = some
recent official release" and "dev = arbitrary repository versions and the
related development process, including administrative things like
isatest, mira etc.".