[isabelle-dev] Isabelle/jEdit problem report

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat Feb 11 14:50:09 CET 2012

>> jEdit freezes after fast keystrokes in sequence in big theories: no
>> reaction on keyboard or mouse events, mouse pointer disappears; cpu load
>> of both poly and jvm processes is not conspicious.
>>
>> Reproduction: Open List.thy with HOL-Plain as base image, edit something
>> in the middle of the theory; seems to occur in connection with dangling
>> quotes (i.e. after a opening quote the closing one is not yet there,
>> turning the remainder of the theory into a mess).

> I have tried once more with this version, but failed to reproduce it.
> If it is a timing problem than it would be hard anyway.  How many cores
> do you have?  Does the problem persist, say in Isabelle/8fbcbcf4380e
> from today?

After some experiments, I ended up with the settings for parsing as
shown in the attached image, which seem to perform quite well.

Previously, the time interval after a key stroke was zero seconds before
parsing, which is not what you really want in practice anyway.

Hope this helps,
	Florian

--

PGP available: