[isabelle-dev] repository and components etc.

Christian Urban christian.urban at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 23:43:03 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 21:45:35 (+0200), Makarius wrote:

 > It is still used for isatest runs, but it does not have to be made public
 > as a crippled distribution that lacks most add-on components.

If it is only a small effort, I am happy to keep
it. The add-on components can normally be supplied easily.
Instead of having to fiddle with mercurial and clone, it is also
an easy way to have several "snapshots" work concurrently on a
machine (my brain handles dates much better than for example
f781bbe0d91b, though I appreciate that this extra mental effort
is sometimes needed). Finally, I regarded the isatest blessing
as a sign that nothing is broken, which is reassuring when
you live on the development edge.

My 2 cents.
Christian