[isabelle-dev] Isabelle/jEdit: Feature Requests for Ctrl-Click

Christian Sternagel c-sterna at jaist.ac.jp
Tue Aug 28 02:09:28 CEST 2012

> I also want to emphasize again that "using" the repository version is
> not the way to get the "lastest features" earlier that everybody else.
> It rather means that you somehow participate in the ongoing construction
> process in what will become a proper release eventually.
Sure, I know that (although it works quite well for me most of the time ;)).

> So it is important to point out omissions or snags, but without any
> expectation that it is addressed in real-time.  You also need to be
> ready to work with half-finished things until the next release.
Absolutely. Of course, I do not want to impose any pressure. Sometimes
it is just hard to know whether some snag was not detected yet or is
already in the pipeline... so I report anything ;).

 From an external viewpoint it is often not obvious how much effort is
needed to do some "tiny" change. So please, just bear with us.

Maybe it would be a good idea to collect "feature-requests" in the wiki?
(The official place of collection is currently the mailing list, but it
is not that easy to extract this kind of information.) I mean, in order
to have a place to point like: "first look there and only if you do not
find your 'feature' there, write to the mailing list".

cheers

chris