[isabelle-dev] Unable to push to Isabelle reop

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Aug 16 15:15:40 CEST 2012

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, Alexander Krauss wrote:

> Quoting Clemens Ballarin <ballarin at in.tum.de>:
> [...]
>> pushing to
>> ssh://ballarin@macbroy2.informatik.tu-muenchen.de//home/isabelle-repository/repos/isabelle
>> searching for changes
>> remote: Not trusting file
>> /mnt/nfsbroy/home/isabelle-repository/repos/isabelle/.hg/hgrc from
>> untrusted user wenzelm, group isabelle
>> remote: abort: could not lock repository
>> /home/isabelle-repository/repos/isabelle: Permission denied
>> abort: unexpected response: empty string
>>
>> I wonder whether this is related to the recently 'broken' repository, or
>> are my permissions degrading?
>
> This may be a side effect of Makarius' re-cloning.
> Maybe try another host as gateway? macbroy2 has a somewhat non-standard
> setup. Do you get the same result when using, e.g. macbroy20?

macbroy2 might even be one of the sources for the decay, it has a very odd
NFS configuration due to Apple.

Franz Huber has recently recommended the following machines for external
logins:

   lxlabbroy1..15
   macbroy20..29

Although he cannot guarantee continous availability of these relatively
old and fragile systems.

I usually have my own indirection via .ssh/config or local /etc/hosts to
make an alias that can be easily switched on demand, without editing too
many hgrc files.