[isabelle-dev] download-components

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Aug 15 13:22:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Tjark Weber wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 14:17 +0900, Christian Sternagel wrote:
>> the script you introduced in
>>
>>    http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/c895e334162c
>>
>> is rather useful. How about also providing a variable (as TMP for the
>> download directory) to set the actual isabelle tool (with default
>> "isabelle") instead of hard-wiring "isabelle" (which does not work all
>> too well, when having different isabelle versions installed)?
>
> see now http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/cea7f88c8084 as a
> first step.

I will have to take a look at the component business again soon, to
simplify it further and remove features and clones of other Isabelle
scripts. The main difficulties in the affair is to find out the various
approaches to the problem that have accumulated so far.  The Isabelle
repository is not a Wiki.

Also note that in the end it is mainly myself and Jasmin who are doing the
actual work in maintaining the collection of Isabelle components.