[isabelle-dev] Incomplete .hgignore?

Tjark Weber webertj at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 14 20:12:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 17:09 +0200, Makarius wrote:
> > Building the repository version (7476665f3e0f) with "isabelle build -a"
> > generates a number of files that Mercurial doesn't know about (see
> > below).

> That is normal for people who are used to build the doc-src stuff
> occasionally.  The difference is that it is now part of the regular build.
>
> .hgignore should not be abused to hide that mess, otherwise the issue gets
> swepped under the carpet.  (AFP had some issues recently because of too
> liberal .hgignore.)

If these files are intentionally generated in isabelle/.../ and not
meant to be under version control, I am not sure I see the abuse in
adding them to .hgignore. On the other hand, if they are a mess and an
issue, perhaps that could be addressed.

Anyway, what do you do to keep the output of "hg status" uncluttered?

Best regards,
Tjark

--
Ceterum censeo: Isabelle needs an issue tracker.