[isabelle-dev] Repository trouble -- again

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Aug 12 17:22:42 CEST 2012

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Alexander Krauss wrote:

>> It seems that the main Isabelle repository got corrupted again and is
>> currently unavailable.
>
> OK, it's back for now...

Since we have had 2-3 incidents recently, it is time now to make a fresh
clone using a recent version of Mercurial (not the 1.0 we've had in 2008).
I have already recovered most of the meta-information that is required for
this (Unix permissions etc.).

Alex, just say when you are finished with the investigations of the
existing clone.

A bit later we just switch the directories of the old vs. new central
clone, which means two atomic "mv" operations on the local file system.