[isabelle-dev] Failed to compile sources

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Aug 12 16:00:57 CEST 2012

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> System/command_line.scala:29: error: not found: value sys
>    sys.exit(rc)
>    ^
> System/isabelle_system.scala:53: error: not found: value sys
>        val env0 = sys.env + ("ISABELLE_JDK_HOME" -> standard_system.this_jdk_home())
>                   ^
> System/gui_setup.scala:65: error: not found: value sys
>      case ButtonClicked(`ok`) => sys.exit(0)
>                                  ^
> System/main.scala:28: error: not found: value sys
>    sys.exit(rc)
>    ^
> four errors found
> Failed to compile sources
> ~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL: hg id
> fd50596bf78b tip

That is a recent repository clone, but your contrib components seems to be
older than the last stable Isabelle release, which has scala-2.9.2 and
this is also required here.

To make it easier to follow ongoing repository development wrt. contrib
components, Admin/components has acquired an official status in the past
few months.

At the end of README_REPOSITORY I have tried to summarize the state of
affairs with sliding update of Isabelle components, although I would like
to simplify that further.