[isabelle-dev] isabelle build

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 12:34:02 CEST 2012

On 06/08/2012 14:01, Makarius wrote:
> Just as a teaser, this is what can be done with recent Isabelle + Poly/ML:
>
>    Isabelle/90e5093c3e1c
>    AFP/c7ea6a0ad609
>    Poly/ML SVN 1569
> The best runs of JinjaThreads in isolation are:
>
> Finished JinjaThreads (0:20:31 elapsed time, 2:00:34 cpu time, factor
> 5.87) # 8/8 threads, 16 GB
> Finished JinjaThreads (0:18:57 elapsed time, 1:58:27 cpu time, factor
> 6.25) # 8/8 threads, 24 GB

Just to add that JinjaThreads runs quite happily in a relatively small
amount of memory with the latest SVN version of Poly/ML.  6-8 Gbytes are
fine.  Even in 32-bit mode it takes around 33 minutes.

> Special wizardry was performed by David Matthews in the Poly/ML runtime
> system in the past 12 months.

I'm looking towards releasing this version of Poly/ML in the next few
months and I would like to give it as much testing as possible.  I'd
encourage people to try it out and let me know particularly if there are
bugs or if things run significantly slower than before.

David