[isabelle-dev] isabelle build

Tjark Weber webertj at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 7 11:57:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 10:25 +0200, Johannes Hölzl wrote:
> Of course, it shouldn't be condescending. But why shouldn't we give a
> beginner some kind of guidelines?

I've used plenty software with some kind of Tip of the Day feature. One
could certainly debate whether a similar feature could usefully be
added to Isabelle, and whether "consider version control" would make a
useful tip.

But as long as "isabelle build" does not require version control for
any of its features, I agree with Tobias: the output of "isabelle
mkroot" is not the right place for such advice.

Best regards,
Tjark