[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Isabelle sessions and build management

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Aug 2 23:02:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Makarius wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Gerwin Klein wrote:
>
>> LighweightJava is a worrisome example, because it needs an external
>> tool to generate the sources which in the meantime have been updated
>> manually during maintenance, despite multiple rather prominent warnings
>> of the form:

> BTW, I did send an email to Rok in March 2011, including some hints how
> Ott needs to be updated to work with newer versions of Isabelle.  He
> said "I will inform the Ott team of this, so they can make appropriate
> updates", which was also the last I've heard from him.

According to http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pes20/ott/ there seems to be little
recent activity.  The last update was for Isabelle2011 (January 2011).

Our edits are not so much, but essential: updating 'type_synonym' and
having 'a set back.

I would consider the case closed.  Just keep the edited file, and continue
maintaining it as before.