[isabelle-dev] isabelle build

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Aug 2 21:10:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> In the example below Abstract-Rewriting did initially not build (since I
> forgot to update my local AFP clone). Instead of giving me an
> error-message (which did work when I just put the single theory
> Abstract_Rewriting under "theories"), however, the build process ran for
> more than 20 minutes (using several GB of RAM) before I killed it
> manually.

Did you see that problem again?

The process management on the JVM is a bit different than on the shell.
For example, there are separate JVM threads that consume the stdout/stderr
streams until completion -- this could run into pathologic situations.

Anyway, which process was consuming the GBs of memory?  Java or poly?