[isabelle-dev] Isabelle release test website

Tjark Weber webertj at in.tum.de
Thu Apr 26 14:32:59 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 14:09 +0200, Makarius wrote:
> The website itself is starting to take shape.  Thanks to Johannes
> Hölzl we now have nice download buttons that detect the platform of
> the web browser: Linux, Linux 64 bit, Mac OS X, Windows.  All 4
> buttons are shown if the platform cannot be detected.

There is the (uncommon, perhaps, but not completely absurd) use case
where a user wants to download a version for another platform,
different from the one she is currently running.

To support this, it might be better to have a drop-down list that is
initialized to the detected platform, or to add an explicit download
link to the other versions. That they are available (only) under
"Installation instructions" is somewhat counter-intuitive.

Best regards,
Tjark