[isabelle-dev] Isabelle release test website

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Apr 23 17:22:12 CEST 2012

Here is an update of the test website for warming up a bit more
http://www4.in.tum.de/~wenzelm/test/website/

I've spent this cold and wet weekend to produce a monolitic Windows
application, which bundles both JDK and Cygwin 1.7.9, see the Download
page.  (Cygwin 1.7.9 is important here, because in the later version from
this year Poly/ML multithreading is a bit unstable.)

Is there anybody who could lend me a hand to produce a quick download link
in JavaScript, like the one on http://mercurial.selenic.com/ that already
knows the platform of the user's browser?

This could be put prominently on the main index.html, so that
download.html only needs to be visited for further details. Last time
there was also a surprising number of seasoned Linux users who could not
tell if they are running x86 or x86_64; the js magic would help here as
well.  (For Linux the platform distinction is relevant due common problems
caused by C/C++ library dependencies.)