[isabelle-dev] Interpretation [was HOL/ex/Set_Algebras]

Clemens Ballarin ballarin at in.tum.de
Thu Apr 19 20:20:09 CEST 2012

Hi Florian,

I understood that much.  What I was hoping for was an answer on a more
technical level.  The definition + interpretation pattern seem a
useful thing to have.  But it sounds like, if you change the main
interpretation command like this, you will break it for intended use
cases (or at least clutter up user's theories with definitions they
might not want to have).

Maybe what you want is an alternative command to 'interpretation'.
Creating definitions from definition to me is not interpreting
something in some other context by means of existing entities, but
creating a new instance of something.  The interpretation command
refrains from doing so for good reasons (i.e. flexibility).

Clemens