[isabelle-dev] Relations vs. Predicates

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Apr 18 20:44:08 CEST 2012

Hi all,

>> Moreover NEWS in that version has oddities like this:
>>
>> rel_comp_def ~> rel_comp_unfold
>>
>> and later
>>
>> rel_comp_unfold ~> relcomp_unfold
>>

>> In the time immediately before the relase (which is now) the NEWS should
>> reflect the perspective for end-users of the official stable system that
>> is delivered.
> I observed this oddities but left them deliberately since I was not
> aware of the above convention (which is of course very sensible).

I have merged those two traces, and grouped the relation-related entries
together.

This accident shows how easy it is to loose overview about the different
and dynamically evolving fragements of a big story, in this case the
more pervasive dualisms of predicate relations and set relations, which
in turn was only a spin-off of the set story etc.

	Florian

--

PGP available: