[isabelle-dev] PolyML.Statistics

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Apr 11 23:06:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Alexander Krauss wrote:

> Recent SVN versions of the PolyML runtime system contain a useful
> statistics interface
>
> PolyML.Statistics

I think David Matthews introduced this some months ago at the start of the
big memory management project, where he is still working heavily right
now. As of Poly/ML SVN 1476, performance is already quite good for multi
cores and relatively little memory.  Things will improve further.  I can't
wait to see JinjaThreads running again on x86 with 2-4 GB -- if there is
any chance for it.

> A simple script in the spirit of Admin/profiling_report extracts the
> data from the logs and outputs them in a plot-friendly format,
> preferably CSV.

It would be nice to see some Isabelle/jEdit plugin for real-time plotting.
Using this http://jchart2d.sourceforge.net/ it might be actually easy, it
does not seem to be one of these huge useless "frameworks" again.
E.g. see
http://jchart2d.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=jchart2d/jchart2d;a=blob;f=src/info/monitorenter/gui/chart/demos/MinimalDynamicChart.java;h=5027aa8b9091def09e07bdd607dcf5c9f7d9d6be;hb=HEAD