[isabelle-dev] Latex issue (Fwd: isabelle dist build failed)

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 30 15:58:37 CEST 2011

My impression from fooling around a little is that this is a bug that has been around for a year and a half. The comment seems to suggest that | no longer works as an index item (even when protected using"), so we have to give up index entries for the symbols | and |-|. I wonder whether there is some sort of workaround?

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Recent-TeX-changes-and-R-package-manuals-td956056.html

> (ii) there have been intermittent problems with (LaTeX) special
> characters in indices.  But (hyperref 6.79d)
>
>    Full support of makeindex’s encap feature (e.g.
>    \index{alpha|textbf}). \hyperpage and the formatting command are
>    cascaded via \hyperindexformat. Internally \index{alpha|textbf} is
>    transferred to \index{alpha|hyperindexformat{\textbf}}.
>    \hyperindexformat calls the formatting command in its first argument
>    with the page range as argument that is put into \hyperpage. The
>    formatting command may call \hyperpage itself, it will be disabled
>    automatically to prevent nested \hyperpage commands.
>
> has broken '|' as an index item ('||' was already broken) so I added
> some special-casing (this does look like a bug in hyperref).

Larry