[isabelle-dev] Feedback from a Isabelle tutorial

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Jun 25 13:01:56 CEST 2011

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Clemens Ballarin wrote:

> Quoting Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>:
>
>> In principle everything is possible, but one needs to try hard to minimize
>> "options" and "features".  Otherwise it becomes impossible to maintain
>> robustness of the application.  There are no proper automated test
>> procedures, which means I usually play through all the important things
>> manually (on 3 platform families).
>
> Java provides support for GUI tests through a Robot class, and there are
> frameworks out there since everybode has this problem.  It'll sure be worth
> investigating automatic testing (student project?).

I have heard of such things before, but have not tried anything so far.

After a few years working with JVM frameworks I no longer take anything
for granted by default.  It always requires a lot of extra work to make
things work more than half way.

What did these people do in all these years with all the $$$$?