[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] Countable instantiation addition

Brian Huffman brianh at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Jul 21 22:51:17 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

Attached is an implementation of a "countable_typedef" method that I
just wrote. (It works in a very similar manner to the
"countable_datatype" method.) Since records are implemented as
typedefs of product types, the same method works for record types as
well. I'd be happy to add this to Library/Countable.thy if anyone
wants me to.

I haven't had time to study Mathieu's ML library yet, but if it has
any features or capabilities that my system lacks, we should
definitely try to incorporate those into whatever ends up in the next
Isabelle release. I also need to remember to add an item to the NEWS
file letting people know that these new proof methods exist.

- Brian