[isabelle-dev] Modest proposal for image tagging

Alexander Krauss krauss at in.tum.de
Wed Jul 13 09:00:20 CEST 2011

On 07/12/2011 01:18 PM, Makarius wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Alexander Krauss wrote:
>
>> sed -i 's/THE_VERSION/$(hg id)/g' version.ML
>> isabelle usedir ...
>>
>> Actually, a similar thing happens when an isabelle distribution is
>> built from a repository clone.
>
> Alex needs to do this because he his crunching on the official sources.

Just to avoid misunderstandings: I am not doing this, but was referring
to the makedist script:
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/Isabelle2011/Admin/makedist#l171.

The mira framework works more like approach B), as it keeps metadata in
its own database.

> val my_id = getenv "MY_ID";
>
> In the latter case you have your own settings (potentially via user
> components with etc/settings) to ensure that the environment variable is
> present at build time.

This is probably the easiest approach discussed so far.

Alex