[isabelle-dev] Proof General 4.1 on Mac OS X

Clemens Ballarin ballarin at in.tum.de
Sun Jan 23 19:57:59 CET 2011

I repeated my recent try of ProofGeneral on my Mac with
ProofGeneral-4.1pre110118.  If used with Aquamacs I observe these
issues:

- Menus respond slowly (> 1 second) when invoked for the first  time.
This is fine if Aquamacs is used without ProofGeneral.
- Noise on the background shell.
- Fontification fails in one situation.  See attached image.
- Long arrows are displayed as boxes (I probably don't have a suitable
font for this.)
- Light blue background of processed portion of the buffer is hard to see.

Unicode symbols that are available are displayed in the right size.
This is much better than with my previous setup with PG 3.7.1.1 and
Carbonemacs.

If the slow menus can be fixed this might be a suitable companion for
Isabelle 2011.

Clemens

PS.  I did use this configuration:
- Aquamacs 2.1 distribution