[isabelle-dev] Isabelle release

Brian Huffman brianh at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Jan 7 01:32:35 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
> If everybody else manages to wrap up until the beginning of next week, we
> have a good chance to release before the end of the month.

This sounds good.

> I think a release date of January 2011 still justifies to call the release
> "Isabelle2010".

I guess naming it "Isabelle2010" rather than "Isabelle2009-3"
signifies that this is a "major", rather than a "minor" release.

What exactly makes it "major"? Judging by the NEWS file, it looks like
2009-2 introduced about as many new features as the upcoming release
will. Is there any new feature in particular that is considered a
"major" change?

- Brian