[isabelle-dev] Schedule for next release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Nov 16 17:14:20 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Florian Haftmann wrote:

> Since somebody has to be the first to ask the question:  is there
> already a schedule for the next release?

Good question.  Many things on my side got a bit delayed.  Maybe we start
by collection some constraints, and inspecting the contents of various
pipelines.

My main concern is to get Isabelle/jEdit into a form such that it can be
used for the Isabelle tutorial at POPL, which is at the end of January
2011.  It would be nice to have an official release either just before or
after the date.  Releasing before the end of the year might be a bit
tight, and looses the important 2 weeks of Christmas vacation.

We also have a 2-day Isabelle/Isar tutorial here in Orsay next week, which
requires some attention, but also serves as a test situation to see how
far Isabelle/jEdit is right now.

Nonetheless, the default Isabelle interface of the next release will still
be Proof General -- probably the official 4.0 that came out some weeks ago.

I know at least about the following further ongoing projects:

   * SPARK/Ada integration by Stefan Berghofer (based on the work by
     Fabian Immler).  Should this be part of the main distribution or AFP?
     What is the time frame?

   * Nominal2 by Christian Urban.  This is correlated with the same POPL
     event.

Anything else?