[isabelle-dev] Declaration depending on user proofs

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Nov 3 11:20:20 CET 2010

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Florian Haftmann wrote:

> Of course the »global« nature of keywords makes it difficult to do
> ad-hoc experimentation with new keywords, one generic slot would
> simplify this.  Again, this is no pressing issue.

I would say it is virtually impossible to experiment with new commands in
Proof General.  One needs to produce isabelle-keywords.el in batch mode
first, and then continue interactively. The situation will become much
better in the new document model, but the restriction of theory boundaries
is most likely here to stay.