[isabelle-dev] Towards the next Isabelle release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Jun 2 13:41:40 CEST 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Makarius wrote:

> 5 months after Isabelle2009-1 is a good point to think about the next
> official release.

A full month has passed since this already, due to the usual unexpected
problems that show up when doing substantial changes on certain parts
(notably proof terms).  Since this is now settled, or about to be settled
shortly, we should be ready for liftoff within the next few days.

This means this is the last call for small consolidations.  NEWS and
CONTRIBUTORS also require some further care.  As usual, if you are too shy
to add yourself to CONTRIBUTORS, just send your entries to me or anybody
else whom you trust to add it to the file.

Just as last time, the point 0 for the release is when the main repository
is cloned to http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle-release/ for final
preparations of shipment, which usually takes quite some time.

Further changes to the release branch need to address really serious
problems, and be presented as clean changesets that can be imported
without further hassle.  Such changes should *not* be pushed onto the main
repository after the fork, to prevent confusion due to overlapping copies
of changesets when the whole is merged back later.