[isabelle-dev] Option type for auto tools timeout

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Dec 15 15:28:18 CET 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010, Holger Gast wrote:

> Despite the change to "Preferences.real_pref" here, the query for
> options during startup yields type "int" for the option (cut from the
> *isabelle* Emacs buffer):
>
> <haspref name="auto-tools-time-limit" descr="Time limit for automatic tools (in
> seconds)." default="4.0"><pgipint/></haspref>
>
> I guess this should be consistently output as pgipreal?

The Proof General protocol does not understand pgreal, but happens to
interpret a pgint value in a way that accepts floating point numbers as
well -- the target language is Emacs LISP where everything is untyped
anyway.

Since you are hooked on that accidental protocol as well, you should
imitate the LISP code.