[isabelle-dev] Bug Tracking

Tjark Weber webertj at in.tum.de
Thu Mar 12 21:05:28 CET 2009

The various recent bug reports reminded me that the current way of
tracking bugs for Isabelle seems archaic to me.  The Isabelle mailing
lists clearly have their value, but how about a proper bug tracking
system (such as Bugzilla) for tracking bugs and feature requests?

The benefits could be numerous: a bug tracker would provide an overview
of development requests and their status; bugs could be assigned to
developers; classified by priority/severity; related to repository
versions; etc.

Choosing the best bug tracker may not be trivial, but using none seems
far from optimal to me.  Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Tjark