[isabelle-dev] segfault compiling

Chris Capel pdf23ds at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 06:25:30 CET 2009

I just retrieved Isabelle from source control (Mercurial) and am
compiling with PolyML 5.2 under cygwin. I get a segfault from polly
compiling Pure. Should I try bisecting this, and if so, what revision
should I start at? I haven't previously compiled Isabelle.

Building Pure ...
Pure FAILED
(see also /home/Chris/isabelle/heaps/polyml-5.2_x86-cygwin/log/Pure)

    val remove : string -> Preferences.T -> Preferences.T
    val set_default : string * string -> Preferences.T -> Preferences.T
    val string_pref :
       string ref -> string -> string -> Preferences.preference
  end
signature PGIP_PARSER =
  sig val pgip_parser : Position.T -> string -> PgipMarkup.pgipdocument end
structure PgipParser :
  sig val pgip_parser : Position.T -> string -> PgipMarkup.pgipdocument end
/home/Chris/isabelle/lib/scripts/run-polyml: line 78:  5812
Segmentation fault      (core dumped) "$POLY" -q $
ML_OPTIONS

make[1]: *** [/home/Chris/isabelle/heaps/polyml-5.2_x86-cygwin/Pure] Error 139

Chris Capel
--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"