[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2009 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 27 15:10:45 CET 2009

Dear Isabelle contributors,

something like 8 months after Isabelle2008, the next stable release is
overdue.  In principle, we should have initiated the final pre-release
stage of finishing existing things and getting the whole system into shape
last December.

>From the traffic in the changelog in the last few weeks, I've got the
impression that we are not really converging yet, so there will be another
delay of several weeks until things have stabilized a bit more --- and the
pipes of various people have been properly flushed. (This includes myself;
still so many pending issues to be sorted out ...)

This additional time should be used for proper consolidation and finishing
stuff.  Any new "feature" will hold up the release even more.

As already pointed out by Florian, the NEWS file needs more attention.
The title says "history user-relevant changes", so anything new that is
also user relevant should be entered there; if it is not user relevant, it
is probably a condidate for deletion.

Concerning the CONTRIBUTORS file: if you are too shy to add yourself, you
can also tell me and I will do it.