[isabelle-dev] Theory.get_name

Christian Sternagel christian.sternagel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:10:58 CEST 2009

This can be done via 'Context.thoery_name : theory -> string'. I used
'grep' to find this function

   $ grep -R 'val' /usr/local/Isabelle/src/ | grep ':' | \
     grep 'string$' | grep theory | less

I.e., i searched in all of Isabelle sources for some function signature
(starting with 'val' and containing a ':' before the type) who's result
type (assuming that this is written at the end of the line) is 'string'
and there is also 'theory' contained somewhere. I always build these
piped greps incrementally until I no longer get to many results.

It's very easy to find functions this way.

cheers

chris