[isabelle-dev] Isabelle on Mercurial

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Nov 30 14:59:46 CET 2008

After several months of getting acquainted with "distributed version
control" in general, we should be finally ready to switch the official
Isabelle repository to Mercurial.

In fact, http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle has been around in the
present form for several weeks already.  It can already be cloned right
now, e.g. like this:

  hg clone http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle

Further instructions are in
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/tip/README_REPOSITORY

Write access to the corresponding pull/push file space is not enabled yet,
and we still have the automated conversion job that feeds changes from the
old Isabelle CVS into the Mercurial repository.

After pressing the red button, the conversion job will be stopped and
pushing enabled.

If anybody has significant amounts of uncommitted CVS changes in the
pipeline, please say so now.  In principle, one could have both
repositories active for a few days, and merge later using means of
Mercurial, but things should be kept as simple as possible.