[isabelle-dev] Clojure

Steven Obua obua at in.tum.de
Fri May 16 09:13:36 CEST 2008

I just came across this great new language for the Java VM, Clojure. It
is like somebody read my mind about how a modern programming language
should be, melted the vague ideas there into a detailed specification,
put a lot of other goodies like STM in there, and finally implemented it!

I recommend the talk (slides + audio, about 2 hours)  by Clojure
inventor Rich Hickey here:

http://lispnyc.org/wiki.clp?page=past-meetings

There is also a slightly more recent talk, where the focus is mostly on
concurrency:

http://clojure.blip.tv/#819147

And there is lots of info on the closure page (although you probably
should be a little bit familiar with LISP; a nice tutorial "from the
ground up" is missing):

closure.sourceforge.net

Enjoy!,

Steven