[isabelle-dev] NEWS

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Tue Jul 1 23:53:16 CEST 2008

My $0,02: I was wondering about the merge as well. For my taste, there is
almost too much in HOL already as it is.

It's not such a big problem, though. You can always build your own custom
images with exactly the part you need (not that it's a nice user-interface
paradigm, and you need to replicate parts of Makefiles, but it's not a
show-stopper either).

We could copy xemacs and have a separate HOL-sumo with just everything in there..

Somewhat related: we were thinking about an Isabelle search engine, based on
the current theorem search, but with web interface (for the distribution, but
also for AFP and other larger projects). It would basically need such an image
with everything in it to be able to find things in different sessions. It
would also need a significant performance improvement in the theorem search
(it currently scales linearly in the number of theorems and we're starting to
have problems with response time > 20sec).

Cheers,
Gerwin