[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2007 release this year

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Oct 15 20:20:49 CEST 2007

Dear Isabelle contributors,

the official Isabelle2007 release needs to be finished this year (proof by
reflexivity).  This means that there are only a few weeks left to commit
any significant changes.

Counting backwards from a release date as late as December 2007, and
subtracting some more weeks to let the dust settle down (when even
seemingly trivial changes should be posponed after the release), this
leaves essentially only the rest of October to continue the fluctuation in
the repository to that we've got used so much.

There is no need for a rush to get important last minute features included
now.  We will try hard to return to more frequent Isabelle releases after
the Isabelle2007 one (approximately every 6-12 months).